Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Job, New Year, New BABY



Hi there - Whew!! What a year?! With all of the crazy happenings going on in our life, we thought the perfect thing to do was start a blog so all of our family and friends could be with us all along the way as we take this amazing jouney to be parents!!

First... Happy New Year! 
Eric and I are so excited for 2010. We have committed 2010 to being our "Year of the Friend"...haha!! We hope to spend alot of much needed time with our family and friends. Regardless of how busy our lives get, we always need to make time for our family and friends!

Second... Around the World in 90 Days!!
2010 has been an exciting ride so far... and it's only March!! As some know, I have been in the fundraising world for over 5 years, but I thought I would "venture" out into the corporate world... so I went to work for an accounting firm as their Sales & Marketing Director. Needless to say, that lasted 90 days. The travel and time away was a little more than I bargained for - spending alot of time on the road - travelling Mississippi and Louisiana was a tad much. 
With that being said, I have returned to my roots of fundraising, the American Heart Association. I am now the Senior Regional Director and am loving it.... so far!! Bless Eric's heart - he has been completely supportive of me and all of my crazy decisions!!

Third.... New BABY!!
Valentine's Day weekend was an eventful weekend!! On Friday - February 12th - I had this funny feeling that something just wasn't right with me... so I decided to go purchase a home pregnancy test while Eric was at work. Boy, was I surprised at the results?! Ha ha!! It took less than 60 seconds for that thing to flash PREGNANT!! Wowzers!! SHOCKED is an understatement!! So... when Eric came home from work - I told him I think we needed to go purchase another test to just "Be sure"... Well - after 7 home pregnancy tests, we decided that it was probably right!! Notice...it took 7!!

Check these suckers out....

Needless to say - after a WILD Valentine's Day weekend of pacing the house with the possibility of having a baby, trying to refocus so we didn't stress ourselves out, I called the doctor first thing on Monday morning. The doctor couldn't see us until Wednesday - February 17th. Whew...what a wild wait that was too!! We were, needless to say, a HOT MESS!!

We ventured to the doctors office on Wednesday - headed in a nervous wreck. The entire time they are taking my bloodwork, everyone is congratulating Eric and I - and we seriously were like...for what?! We could not get it to sink in!! After a confirmation from the doctor - we finally believed we were going to have a BABY!! We are just tickled!! Shocked...but tickled!!!

Our doctor, Dr. Shannon Carrol told us we were probably 6 weeks with an expectant date of October 10th. We had a short chat in his office about all the important things of having a baby, but Eric and I couldn't absorb too much - we were just sitting there with our mouths wide open!! Our biggest question was, "When should we tell everyone!?" He suggested between 8-9 weeks, so we were prepared to head home in a couple of weeks. He then sent us on to get our first ultrasound - WOW?!! Ultrasound at 6 weeks?! How was this going to happen?! Talk about clueless?! Ha ha!! Eric and I venture downstairs to have our first ultrasound to hear our precious lil' bundle of love... only to find out we were 10 weeks pregnant and due September 14th!! Wow... alot changes in just a few minutes?! Ha ha!! Looks like we were planning a trip to Missouri to tell the family that weekend!! I'll have to scan in the ultrasound pics so everyone can see, so stay tuned for that, but check out the goods that we came home with from the doctor!!


Road Trip to Missouri
After finding out on Wednesday - February 17th that we were going to have a baby, we quickly decided to plan a trip to Missouri - headed home the 19th!! We were a WRECK!! I had to find the most perfect ways to tell our families!

The cutesy things below were for my parents. Since this is going to be their 1st Grandchild - I wanted to be sure it was something they would NEVER forget!!

This had my voice recorded in the picture frame saying, "Surprise - you're going to be grandparents!" Mom kept pushing the top button thinking it was a joke... now do I play that many jokes on people!? Lol..

This was the precious announcement for Eric's parents!! I think they were super totally shocked!!

You can't forget the Aunt's!! This was the lil' monogrammed "happy" we gave to Jenny and Lauren!! I think they were pleasantly surprised too!

Needless to say, we had an amazing weekend at home!! Now, back to the real world. Eric and I thought we should do a little reading up on this parenting, pregnancy thing - so off to Barnes & Noble I went - I think I purchased every book they had!! Eric got a kick out of this!!


We are now officially in Week 12 of our pregnancy, so here is a belly shot of Week 11 - stay tuned for other belly shots!

Nothing much to see - yet!! Thank God that I have been feeling amazing - just a little tired, but that is ok since I have not other sickly feelings!! yay!!

I have to say this - I thank God EVERY day for such an amazing husband!! Eric has been truly special to me throughout these past few weeks!! I am so happy I am going through this journey with him - He will make a wonderful daddy!!

I think that's all for today - I think I've caught you up on The Williams Family for today!! Now...back to the Oscars!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you have a blog!! I love it. All of your happies turned out so cute. Can't wait for the journey we have ahead of us:) Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete